Friday, August 21, 2009

Update~ whee =)

Just when i thought i was fine.. i was so happy i found out that the place i stay has like 3 pianos, a pool table, and other cool stuff.. one of the pianos was in a basement, that is like close to sound-proof from the outside.. which would mean i could bang on it as hard as i wanted, screamed like mad in that room and nobody could hear me.. fantastic..

So i thought i'd go play the piano.. being the piano loving person that i am =).. little did i know that it would send a whole shot of emo and nostalgia right through my heart, i actually started crying halfway through playing...

i've never played piano so emotionally in my life.. i went through all the songs that i could possibly remember how to play without sheet music.. songs like marrage d'amore and souvinir d'enfant from richard clayderman... my famous self modified canon in C/D, my piano cover of linkin park's new divide... fur elise, claudine.. all with full passion.. and then, i played tong hua... felt abit emo d.. then i played peng you.. tears started flowing d..... then since i already was like that, i remembered an advice from a friend of mine, "if u wanna cry, go all out.. don't hold it back"..

And i did.. i played peng you again.. this time i sang to it.. just in case u people don't know the lyrics, here are the english translation for u..

Peng You - Friend

Ze xie nian, yi ge ren
All these years, alone

Feng ye guo, yu ye zou
The wind has passed, the rain had gone

You guo lei, you guo cuo
There were tears, there were wrongs

Hai ji de jien chi shen me
Things we hold dear I still recall

Zhen ai guo, chai hui tong
If you’ve had true love, then you would know

Hui ji muo, hui hui shou
There is loneliness, there are goodbyes

Zhong you meng, zhong you ni
There are dreams, always there is you

Zai xin zhong
In my heart

Peng you yi shen yi chi zou
Friends walk this life together

Na xie ri zhi bu zhai you
Those days will not return

Yi ju hua, yi bei zhi
One word, one life

Yi shen ching, yi bei jiu
A lifetime relationship, a cup of wine

Peng you bu cheng gu tan gou
With friends you won’t be lonely

Yi shen peng you, ni hui dong
Lifelong friends, you’d understand

Hai you shang, hai you tong
There are wounds, there is pain

Hai yao zou
Must go our separate ways

hai you wo
Always there is me


Ok.. So i played my heart out, sang my heart out, and cried my heart out.. in a room in a basement where nobody can hear me.. and when i played finished.. i carried on crying, to my heart's content.. inside the room was SO silent, after i finished, it was TOTAL silence.. like COMPLETE silence.. it was eerie, but i appreciated the silence, it helps u to listen to the sound of silence.. i'm not kidding.. it was refreshing..

Then after that, i played a hymn, my dad's favourite song, Sweet Bye and Bye.. The very same song that was sung for my grandma's(dad's mom) funeral.. a random thought hit me that i'm never going to see my parents again.. I cried again, finished playing that piece, and went into prayer..

My friend was right, i did feel refreshed after the whole thing.. crying everything out DOES help u get better, ironically.. and by God's will, I will pull through this.. BUT WELL, God doesn't help ppl who don't help themselves, does He? SO I went to the dining hall and randomly made MORE new friends HAH.. =D

I met Christine earlier this afternoon, together with Mike and Jon, Madeline and Mari.. Christine is from HongKong, been here for 2 years, and speaks AWESOME english (despite being honkie XD), Mike and Jon were both from suburbs of Chicago, Madeline's from New York, Mari's from springfield..

Followed Christine to dinner, and met Kevin, Nate, Amber, Katie, and Ruth... Kevin's from Alabama, he has a freaking cool southern accent.. lol.. Nate's from some small town in Illinois, Amber and Katie are roomates, from urbana and some suburb respectively.. Ruth... ok i don't remember, i'm sorry... information overload k... T_T lol...

These people would be the 1st few people that i don't have to communicate in chinese with that i met since i got here.. =D Since i came here, met my roomate and his gang of friends, all from Taiwan, few guys and girls from few parts of China.. and err.. yeah... OH yeah, met erm... watz her name omg.. AH.. Cordelia, from Singapore =)

So refreshing to speak english at dinner today.. the past few days was chinese after chinese after chinese after chinese... gahhhh... lol.. not that i'm complaining, but i DID come to the US, not CHINA.. lol....

Well that's about the latest with me here.. i've registered for classes, classes starting next monday.. 24th.. =).. can't wait.. teehee...

Orite.. till the next update.. Lifeless ou....wait....

OMG TODAY IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUTSAL DAY!!! T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T_T ok i'm emo again.

out.

No comments: